Un subiect foarte fierbinte si deja dezbatut pe site-ul guvernamental GOV.UK. Din pacate acest site nu poate fi accesat decat daca te afli in UK, deci voi posta aici si pentru romanii aflati in tara. Nu voi comenta prea mult ci voi da copy-paste la intregul articol postat de autoritatile britanice. Sper ca este suficient de clar si usor de tradus. Succes!
Who can apply
At the moment you can only apply if you are either of these:
- from the European Union (EU)
- a family member of someone from the EU and you have a residence card with a biometric chip and ‘EU right to reside’ on the back
You must use the Home Office’s ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ Android app to confirm your identity.
This is a test phase. We have put these restrictions in place so we can improve the service before it opens fully by 30 March 2019.
If you are an Irish citizen you do not need to apply to stay in the UK after it leaves the EU. You will have the same rights as you do now.
Who cannot apply
You cannot apply if you also have British citizenship (known as ‘dual nationality’).
How it works
- Prove your identity. Use the Home Office app to scan the electronic information in your passport.
- Answer questions about yourself. We will use your answers to confirm how long you have been resident. In most cases, this means you will not have to provide any evidence.
- Check your result. We will tell you what status you will be considered for based on your answers. You can accept this result if you agree, or add evidence of your residence if you disagree.
How much it costs
On 21 January the Prime Minister announced that there will be no fee when the scheme opens fully on 30 March 2019. Anyone who has applied already, or who applies and pays a fee during the test phases, will have their fee refunded. Details of the refunds process will be published shortly.
If you want to apply now, the fee (which will be refunded) is:
- £65 if you’re 16 or over
- £32.50 if you’re under 16
How long it takes
It usually takes about 30 minutes to complete this application.
You will get an email when we have made a decision.
Start your application
You must be in the UK to apply.
You will need:
- an email address
- your current passport or biometric residence card
- a debit or credit card
- an Android phone (such as a Samsung, Google or Sony phone) with ‘contactless’ – this means you can use your phone to pay for things.
How to check if your phone will work
Look in your phone settings to see if it has Near-Field Communication (NFC).
NFC is how contactless works and what the app uses to scan your passport.
To start your application, download the Home Office app from the Google Play Store or find a location where you can use an Android phone.
Continue your application
If you have already used the Android app, you can continue your application online.
How we use your data
The Home Office will use the personal information you provide to decide whether to grant your application. We may also share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and overseas. For more detail please see the Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system. This also sets out your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and explains how you can access your personal information and complain if you have concerns about how we are using it.